Saturday, May 28, 2011

When God Hits The Accelerator

Ichthus is in it's infancy. The business plan is being executed and we are in the middle of producing our product offering. It's exhilarating to see your ideas become something tangible.
Seeing Cam's designs on the computer screen gave me the tingling sensation that this was a real thing that was actually going to happen. The giddiness was almost impossible to contain as we huddled around his MacBook at a Panera Bread table in the middle of a busy lunch hour.

I've been working on the business end of the deal while Cam continues to fine tune the creative piece, and most importantly, finalize our logo. Reaching out to contacts at all the venues we plan to be at has been a very pleasant and encouraging experience. It is so refreshing to work with fellow Christians and help build momentum for a mutual interest, making Christ famous.

Doing the arduous things in building a business can be discouraging at times even when you have the best people around you. There will be days where we will wonder if this will turn out the way we want, we'll wonder if we have enough money to move on what we need to, we'll disagree on something, there are all these things that will come our way. Add to the fact that we are also serving the Lord in what we do and you can bet the other camp is going to bring trouble. Hinderance is their specialty. In times like these, we'll need to remember what it is that we are doing and remind ourselves and each other about what the big picture is. Where is God in this and do we have the right motives. If we do, then press on.

My first idea is now a final design and I can't wait to wear it. It is my hope to have it in my hands and ready to wear for Soulfest, where I will be volunteering in August. If you see a little blonde woman with a very cool t-shirt on there, that's me! Since we've been reviewing designs, my mind won't stop coming up with new ones. Seems like every day I come up with two more and I want to put them in front of the Design Guru but I don't to overload him either. At times, I am like "Whoa, Lord, slow down!" but that is just how He is. When He finds people who are receptive, He wants to show you what He is all about with great passion. I am just trying to stay in the flow and not get overwhelmed by what is coming at me.

Next post will be about the logo and where to get the beta designs so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment