Friday, May 20, 2011

Every Great Idea Has A First Day

I tried to give this idea away, if you can believe it. I wanted to see it become something but I was too busy writing a book. The problem is, nothing ever happened to my idea. I tried to shut it out, I was too busy to take this on. It kept haunting me. Months later, after being tired of wrestling with whether or not to put this idea into action I asked to see a great friend in order to solicit his help. Something was growing.

I sat down with my friend over a smile, a notebook and a sandwich and began to speak. As I started to unveil my idea, he listened intently but with an odd look on his face. "Ah" , I think as I speak, "he's not interested". I finished speaking. A long pause followed by a hard blink came from across the table. "I have wanted to do something like this for a long time". I almost fell over. "Let's do it". The fish was beginning to take form.

Today, designs have been discussed and business plans agreed upon. On this day, May 20th, 2011, Ichthus Versewear becomes a reality. The fish has hatched.

"I want to talk to people about God but I don't know how to start the conversation" or "I wish I was as comfortable talking about the bible as you" are common things I have heard from people over the years. I had been in business for a while. I am also a voracious researcher of things biblical. The conversations are not an effort for me. I don't want them to be an effort for you either.

Ichthus Versewear is a way for you, the participant, to wear your ice breaker. Our unique T-Shirt designs bring the conversation to you and create your opening line. All you have to do is speak and share.

Look for coming articles as you take a journey with us in hatching our company and making it swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment