Friday, June 3, 2011

Cam's Story

If you spend any time at all with Cameron MacKenzie, Chief Branding Officer for Ichthus Versewear, you'll see a whirling ball of positive energy. Quick with a smile, Cam always leans in and looks intently at the person speaking in his direction. His sense of the presence and concerns of others wraps you up when he is around you. His charisma for life makes you want to jump on board with whatever he has in mind.

When I asked him why he wanted to start Ichthus Versewear this is what he had to say, "I hate to sound like a 'Cheese Ball' but but I hope it makes the world a better place by putting the Good Word out there".

"I'm not out there with messages. It's kind of more personal to me but I am proud to be though. Ichthus works for me because I am the message without having to walk up to someone and start a conversation out of no where".

Cameron has been making and writing music since he was a kid. His father, an accomplished pianist in his own right, starting him playing the piano at a young age. "I played piano as a kid and when I got older, I tried the drums. My favorite instrument to play though is the guitar". As he grew up to be a teenager, singing called to him and he developed his voice in his early 20's with his 10-year tenure as the front man for the Boston-based band, 'Plank'. When he was brought the marketing idea of taking Ichthus on the road to sell t-shirts at Christian music festivals around the country, Cameron was sealed in his commitment to kick off the endeavor. "Connecting the message of the t-shirts to music, it's like connecting my two passions. It makes it extra cool".

Cameron brings 16 years of graphic design and marketing experience to Ichthus Versewear. He has worked with some of the best companies and agencies in the Boston area. Cameron's clean, simple and yet powerful designs make Ichthus come alive. From the mind of one becomes an image on MacBook of another. There is no more thrilling high than seeing your dreams and ideas become something tangible.

"If everyone could be more public with their faith, the world would be a much happier place".

It is my great pleasure to not only introduce you to my business partner and friend but the man behind the image, look and feel of what is Ichthus Versewear. We will have a website up soon and hope to show off our shiny new logo and some beta designs. Stay tuned!


1 comment: